Reviews

Adarro Minton is a fascinating writer of great power and will; his stories move the soul and warm the mind.
Allex Spires

Adarro’s work is brassy, insightful, brazen, and uniquely refreshing. You’ll find his writing utterly filled with ingenuous, unambiguous prose: his realism will make you lose yourself among the pages and you will long to return to his writing again and again. After reading Adarro’s work I can’t imagine walking away from his writing and forgetting about what I have read and you too, will carry his stories with you.
Dayna Winters

Minton's voice resonates with a tough and still tender realism. He gives spirit and flesh to the disenfranchised.
Marlene Rosenfield-Crawford

Richly atmospheric, Adarro Minton’s writing tenaciously captures quotidian details in a fresh and unique way, so much so that life’s seeming invisibilities become whole new worlds worthy of contemplative attention.
William Whalen

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Widower

Crows are in late autumn trees

and you are gone, Empress.

I am broken in the places

you have touched me.

The chain around my neck

is your heavy hands and they are cold now,

smoke leaves my mouth.

My heart beat is a red apple.

I perch on stiff chairs a marionette, unused,

with tattered ropes; freed from your loud party.

I am a smoky jazz trio sadly playing.

I am dark in drunken saloons

with no money for more wine.

No comments: