Reviews

Adarro Minton is a fascinating writer of great power and will; his stories move the soul and warm the mind.
Allex Spires

Adarro’s work is brassy, insightful, brazen, and uniquely refreshing. You’ll find his writing utterly filled with ingenuous, unambiguous prose: his realism will make you lose yourself among the pages and you will long to return to his writing again and again. After reading Adarro’s work I can’t imagine walking away from his writing and forgetting about what I have read and you too, will carry his stories with you.
Dayna Winters

Minton's voice resonates with a tough and still tender realism. He gives spirit and flesh to the disenfranchised.
Marlene Rosenfield-Crawford

Richly atmospheric, Adarro Minton’s writing tenaciously captures quotidian details in a fresh and unique way, so much so that life’s seeming invisibilities become whole new worlds worthy of contemplative attention.
William Whalen

Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Crack Head

In September of ninety-seven

cocaine cut me a loose coke said, “go take you

a bath.” And then laughed at me as I dragged my evil body

up from below the tilted bridge. I was not more than naked really. All that was left

was the smell of blood on me, like a left-out package of ground beef grey

surrounded by swimming eggs and more pregnant flies.

No comments: